[CentOS] Re: imap on Centos 4 -- UW IMAP 2004b for FC3/RHEL4

Fri May 6 19:43:43 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak at math.ohiou.edu>
> Actually, the more direct replacement would be Dovecot.
> Cyrus can be complicated to set up and get running.

I actually modified the old UW IMAP 2002 SPEC file from RHL9/FC1,
and modified a few config files, to support UW IMAP 2004b.
I made one with both RFC3501 (no text passwords over SSL) and
non-RFC3501 (legacy, text passwords allowed over SSL).

I originally released it for Fedora Core 2, e.g. (links no longer work):
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-August/msg01501.html

I have updated it for UW IMAP 2004b on FC3/RHEL4.

The only kicker right now is that it is a single set of RPMs, without
the client and server in separate RPMs.  That will cause a conflict
with the client-only UW IMAP package that normally comes with FC2+/RHEL4.

One of these days I'll break the client from the server portion in the SPEC
file, and host my own APT/YUM repository so it will work with APT/YUM and
not generate conflict.  But until then, if anyone wants my version, let me
know.

I try to keep up with UW IMAP releases as vunerabilities are found.
The SPEC file only needs to be modified slightly on each new version.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org