[CentOS] Hardware RAID Controller

Tue May 10 18:40:57 UTC 2005
Lee W <centos-list at unassemble.co.uk>

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone had any experience of using the Promise FastTrak SX4000 or
SuperTrak SX6000 IDE RAID Controllers under Centos  (if it matters I'm
using version 4). I've seen it listed on linuxcompatible.org as working
but would prefer to find out any first-hand experince before I buy.

I'm looking to build a new mini server based on Mini-ITX and have found
a great 1U case that support upto 4 IDE drives.  It would be good to
muck around with hardware RAID.

If not, can anyone suggest another make of RAID Controller that will
support upto 4 IDE RAIDS (preferably with support for RAID 5). And is
also available in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lee