[CentOS] cashing named server

Tue May 17 14:28:00 UTC 2005
Lee Parmeter <leejpar at yahoo.com>

I started the named server on CentOS and it seems to
resolve DNS request OK, but it does not seem to retain the
info for very long. From what I can tell using "dig", a
domain's ip address is retained for less than 12 hours. So
in the morning, it takes 4+ seconds to resolve again the
first time. Is there an adjustment somewhere for this or is
the caching named support not enabled by default?

Also, I thought it would be faster if I set named to use my
ISP's named server as the first choice. Where do I set this
up, in root.hints?

Anyone who knows more about "named" please feel free to
comment!

Thanks!
Lee