[CentOS] Software RAID CentOS4

Sat May 21 15:09:50 UTC 2005
Gerald Waugh <gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.com>

Hi,

I have a system with two IDE controllers running RAID1.
As a test I powered down, removed one drive (hdc), and powered back up.
System came up fine, so powered down installed a new drive (hdc)
And powered back up.
/proc/mdstat indicatd RAID1 active with hda only. I thought it would
Auto add the new hdc drive... Also when I removed the new drive and
added
The original hdc, the swap partitions were active hda and hdc but only
hda on the other partitions. I has to add the other hdc partitions with
mdadm -a.

My mdadm.conf looks like;

# mdadm.conf written out by anaconda
DEVICE partitions
MAILADDR root
ARRAY /dev/md1 super-minor=1
ARRAY /dev/md0 super-minor=0
ARRAY /dev/md3 super-minor=3
ARRAY /dev/md2 super-minor=2

Shouldn't there be more information for mdadm to work with?
How do you replace a failed drive and have it auto-configured?

TIA
Gerald