[CentOS] PostgreSQL/SELinux Error - relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

Tue May 24 06:53:21 UTC 2005
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

hello everyone,

i'm trying to run a postgresql service on my newly-installed centos4
box. i have been able to recreate my users, set up the permissions,
and restore the database dump. also, i can already log-in to my
databases.

there is, however, one annoying problem. whenever i type \du (or \d or
\l) on the psql prompt, i get the following error:

ERROR:  relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

after some googling, i'm beginning to suspect that this is a SELinux
issue. i then try to disable SELinux on the postgresql daemon by
doing:

# setsebool postgresql_disable_trans true

that does not work unfortunately as i'm still stuck with the same error.

while i can definitely just disable SELinux on this box, i would want
a more elegant solution that solves this annoying problem. can anyone
help me on this?

thanks in advance!
matt

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.