[CentOS] CORRECTION: I must modify/clarify my statement about .0 releases ...

Wed May 25 16:24:25 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

In looking through Red Hat's FTP site, I can find no such statement
with regards to "do not use on production servers" in any README or
Release Notes of Hurricane, Hedwig, Guinness or Psyche
(Red Hat Linux 5.0, 6.0, 7 and 8.0, respectively).

What I have found in my archives is a cutting from the official Red
Hat Network (RHN) announcement of Psyche (8.0) that says two things:
1)  It is an "early adopter" release, and
2)  Do not upgrade "production systems" from Red Hat Linux 7.3

I cannot find the full version of it on-line.  I know I do have an
archived copy of at least the full Guinness and Psyche release
announcements from the RHN and will search for them in my archives
tonight.  I kept _all_ official RHN messages, although I fear they
are in an archive at a former employer that I do not have a copy of.

It very much bothers me that I cannot find the same in at least the
"Release Notes" of Guinesse or Psyche because I could have swore
I saw them on CD #1 in one of my sets (and not a Rawhide or
Beta release).

If anyone has the original Guinness or Psyche announcements from
their RHN subscriptions, please send them to me off-line.  I'd like
to confirm I'm not going senile after all, although some would love
to have proof of that.  ;->

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org