[CentOS] About tunnels

Thu May 26 18:03:29 UTC 2005
Maciej Żenczykowski <maze at cela.pl>

Hi folks,

I have two CentOS 4 server I administrate doing routing and
firewalling of two networks (one NATed and firewalled and the other one
merely firewalled) and I'd like to build a tunnel to allow computers on
the normal private network (and the firewall) to access the private IPs of
computers behind the NAT/firewall.

ie.
               ALPHA                BETA
10.0.0.0/8 - CentOS4 - internet - CentOS4 - X.Y.Z.0/24
Private IPs  Firewall             Firewall  Public IPs
              and NAT

now the internet is intracity, within one provider and decently safe (6
hops), but still some sort of encryption would be nice... (otherwise I'd
just use ip tunnel).

How do I allow both BETA and X.Y.Z.0/24 to connect to the private IPs?
Should I use CIPE? IPSEC? something else? any good howtos?
Preferably something fast and reliable, doesn't need to be that easy to
set up :)

I'm basically looking for comments, I have looked around on google, and it
seems there's _tons_ of options, but IPSEC seems to be winning out... am I
correct in that assumption?

Cheers,
MaZe.