[CentOS] Yum Amavisd Update fails Digest::MD5 error

Wed May 4 18:11:04 UTC 2005
Ajay Sharma <ssharma at revsharecorp.com>

Leonard Isham wrote:
> On 5/4/05, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
>
>>Leonard Isham wrote:
>>
>>>Error message is:
>>>
>>>Starting Mail Virus Scanner (amavisd): Digest::MD5 version 2.22
>>>required--this is only version 2.20 at...
>>>
>>>Googled for Digest::MD5 and found v2.33
>>>(http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/Digest-MD5-2.33/MD5.pm)
>>
>>You know that the next perl upgrade in CentOS (or RHEL fwiw) will break
>>amavisd again, as it will overwrite your self compiled module?
>>

> sigh... Yes but what are my options?  I'm not comfortable maintaining
> my own rpms, and unfortunately  whoever made the rpm missed that
> dependency (errors happen).
>
> I don't see an elegant way to resolve this aside from taking on the
> task of maintaining it myself (then I fix my own problems which may be
> more than I'm going through now).

What about RPMPAN?

http://rpmpan.sourceforge.net/

>From the site:

RPMPAN is a repository of RPM's of Perl modules. Every night an infinite
number of monkeys download the latest modules from CPAN and try to build
RPM packages out of them. Since they're only monkeys, they miss a few,
but you'll find most of what you need here.

later,
ajay