[CentOS] YUM - Did directories change on the mirrors?

Fri May 6 16:06:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 6, 2005 10:40 am, Gerry Lachac said:

> I didn't see this in the mail archives, maybe I missed it.   I'm running
> CentOS 3.  It looks like the $releasever directory has been dropped from
> mirrors.centos.org.  This just happened in the last week (I run a daily
> cron to check for updates)    My yum.conf (for CentOS 3) has url's
> defined like:
>
>     baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos-3/$releasever/addons/$basearch/
>
> But when I run yum I get errors:
>    Server: CentOS-3 - Addons
>    retrygrab() failed for:
>      http://mirror.centos.org/centos-3/3/addons/i386/headers/header.info
>      Executing failover method
>    failover: out of servers to try
>    Error getting file
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos-3/3/addons/i386/headers/header.info
>
> Using my browser I see that this URL doesn't exist:
>    http://mirror.centos.org/centos-3/3/addons/i386/headers/header.info
>
> But this does (notice the 3/ is missing):
>     http://mirror.centos.org/centos-3/addons/i386/headers/header.info
>
> Is this a permament change or a temporary one due to server updates?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Gerry

That is a previous version of yum.conf ... get rid of the centos-3/ it
should be:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/addons/$basearch

(substitute os,extras.centosplus,updates for addons as well as needed)

--
Johnny Hughes
<http://www.HughesJR.com/>