[CentOS] URGENT: Problems with Dell raid on CentOS 4?

Sat May 7 07:54:57 UTC 2005
Jonathan <j at firebright.com>

Good morning.  I'm hoping someone is still up who can lend me an ear.
I'm sitting on the floor of Mae West surrounded by disassembled servers,
frustrated out of my mind.  Same as last weekend. ;-)

Actually, I'm having a weird issue.  I have a Dell 420SC in front of
me.  It's a fine machine, brand new.  p4 2.8 800Mhz bus, 1GB DDR2
(2x512) and dual 80GB drives.  I've used the onboard raid to build a
raid-0+1 (mirror) raid array.  The problem is, it's telling me as soon
as I load up the setup for CentOS 4 that no drives are available and
that I should load up some.

Odd.

I have three machines running CentOS 4 over here with the identical
specs, and identical settings.  One even has the exact same
configuration, including raid setup, and it's running happily.  But it
was installed from and older CentOS 4 disk (got scratched).  I've got
about 12 more to do tonight.  How is it possible that the same machine
with concurrent serial numbers won't load RAID?  Is there some trick?

I'm really at a loss on this one.  I'm on the 14th floor.  Now if I
could get one of these windows to open, I think I have a very easy
solution...

Anyone have any experience with this?  Is there some trick to getting
these 420SC's to load CentOS?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan