[CentOS] Re: passwordless ssh

Sun May 8 16:32:43 UTC 2005
rado <rado at rivers-bend.com>

> > does anyone know of anything specific that Centos is doing here? or what
> > can be my problem?
>
> Try making sure that the permissions for the /root/.ssh directory is
> 700, and the permissions on the /root/.ssh/authorized_keys is 600.
>
> Also try looking at your logs if that doesn't help.  Whenever I've had
> any problem like you're describing, it was being logged, which in turn
> clued me in on the problem.
>
> -Ryan

> Nope.
>
> > or what can be my problem?
>
> Check your permissions on both the client and server.
>
> chmod -R 0700 ~/.ssh
>
> --
> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
> http://centos.ivazquez.net/

Thx Ryan and Ignacio

you guys were so right w/your replies...I just kept concentrating on
permissions..
I would make a change and right away do: chmod -R 700 /root/.ssh

I did not do chmod 600 /root/.ssh/authorized_keys as it didn't seem to
need be...for sure I would have if I couldn't get it working.

I was aware that permissions were a major player here but thought I had
them right but didn't...

well, sure appreciate your replies

john rose
--