[CentOS] CentOS Convert Question

Tue May 10 13:49:35 UTC 2005
Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>

On 5/6/05, admin at dougware.net <admin at dougware.net> wrote:
> I need a network based distributed operating system, something like
> Intermezzo or Coda to keep two servers in sync on one partition.  I have a
> server at work and at home that I want to keep a MyDocuments partition in
> sync.  NFS will not work because I need a offline or online solution.
> RSYNC will not work, who many inconsistancies from files being created and
> removed.  Will GFS work for my needs when they release U1 for CentOS?  If
> not, does anyone have any coda or intermezzo rpms for CentOS4?

I really like having things stored in a version control system (e.g.
cvs, svn, git, arch).  That way your machine at home is the repository
and you can use a "cvs checkout documents/taxes" to get all of those
documents and also do an update to see which ones have changed locally
and need to be committed back to the server.  Subversion is a bit more
efficient than cvs.  I haven't looked heavily at git or arch, but they
have smart people working on them.

Personal disk space is cheap...why not keep all revisions of your documents :)

Greg