[CentOS] bind and caching-nameserver

Tue May 10 17:07:56 UTC 2005
Hardy Beltran Monasterios <hardy at hardy.com.bo>

El mar, 10-05-2005 a las 15:01 +0800, Mark Quitoriano escribió:
> well that's my problem with bind. once i cut myself to the internet i
> can't resolve all domain. i did this as a test i ping google.com first
> while i am connected to the net and then i disconnect my cable and try
> to ping it again but it can't resolve google.com anymore, my
> resolve.conf is "nameserver 127.0.0.1", and i don't know how to
> configure bind to cache domain's ip addressess at least 1 day or so.

The true is that you don't have control of that. As somebody else said,
BIND will caching any RR (Resource Record) based on their TTL value. You
have control of this value (TTL) only if you are the owner of the zone.
And of course your are not the owner of the zone «google.com».

Maybe you would like to read this: http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/

Kindly regards

--
Hardy Beltran Monasterios