[CentOS] Re: Hardware RAID Controller

Tue May 10 19:21:08 UTC 2005
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Tue, 10 May 2005 at 8:17pm, Lee W wrote

> I'm certainly liking what I have seen of the 3Ware card's so far.  Their
> site lists quite a few distros as supported, including RHEL 3 which from
> a simplistic guess would also mean that Centos 3 (and possibly 4) would
> also be supported.

The nice thing about the 3wares are that the drivers for the 7/8xxx series
have been in the kernel for a very long time (2.2 days, IIRC), and the
9xxx drivers have been in for a while as well.  That's one reason they
tend to be so well trusted.  As another vote of confidence, I've got 5 TB
on 7xxx series controllers in production and another 5.5TB on 9xxx
controllers in testing right now.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering