[CentOS] Unsupported Kernel for X86_64 and i386

Thu May 12 02:23:23 UTC 2005
Lance Davis <lance at uklinux.net>

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Beau Henderson wrote:

> Is there any perticular reason why a yum update would want to install
> the unsupported package when its not being upgraded ( as its not
> installed ) ? I ask, as its in the list of available "updates" when i
> do a yum check-update. Is this standard / normal ?

It is not kernel-unsupported , it is a kernel with .unsupported as part of
the 'release'.

It should only show in updates if you have the centosplus repo enabled ...

But as 'kernel' is installed it will show as an update.

Regards
Lance