[CentOS] Unsupported Kernel for X86_64 and i386

Thu May 12 13:02:49 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 14:08 +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:

<snip>

> > kernel-2.6.9-5.0.5.106.unsupported
> >
> > Turned on (as kernel modules) are the following:
> >
> > NTFS
> > XFS
> > JFS
> > ReiserFS
> > UFS (FreeBSD default file system ... Read Only)
> > BeOS (Read Only)

> what about IPX support (as it was in centos-3.x)?

It's in there :)

I knew I would forget something important in the announcement :)

One thing I want to make clear about this kernel package

This package is a replacement for the package "kernel" ... it has an
upsupported in the version, but it is not called kernel-unsupported.  I
did this on purpose, as it is a full replacement kernel and not a
standalone set of just modules.

There are pros and cons to this method, but since it is in the CentOS-
Plus repository, I wanted it to be a standalone kernel. (So other distro
users ... like WBEL, TaoLinux, and even RHEL, could use it)

I have fully tested this kernel, and I think it is very stable ... but I
only have 5 test machines and 2 production CentOS-4 servers where I can
run it.  RHEL does not provide this kind of kernel, so if it breaks, you
get to keep the pieces :)  I will, of course, try to fix any issues that
arise in this kernel that do not happen in the RHEL one.

------
Johnny Hughes