[CentOS] When ".." isn't the same? (not a problem

Fri May 13 14:38:25 UTC 2005
Marc Powell <marc at ena.com>

file-structure, it
> > would work as you expect. I wasn't ever interested in it enough to
see
> > if it could be disabled in bash.
>
> I believe the proper option is -P as in "set -P" in bash to disable
this
> feature (IMHO very useful).

Indeed --

-P      If set, the shell does not follow symbolic links when executing
commands such as cd that change the current working directory.  It uses
the physical directory structure instead.  By default, bash follows the
logical chain of directories  when  performing  commands  which
change the current directory.

--
Marc