[CentOS] About strongs passwords!

Fri May 13 15:38:05 UTC 2005
Sean O'Connell <oconnell at soe.ucsd.edu>

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 11:18 -0500, israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu wrote:

> > Here is my question, I have a DataBase CentOS server working with
> about
> > 150 users connected via ssh, so I want to set up for all users strongs
> > passwords, I mean, 8 or more caracters, with ,.;* , ect....... Is
> there
> > some option, bash command which do that?
> >
> Great, but:
>
> 1.  My users have to work on the shell because, they run a C++ scritp to
> work in tha database..
> 2. So I want to force my users to pick a strong password.. Is there some
> command, tool to do this?

Isreal-

Take a look at /etc/pam.d/system-auth in particular, the password entry
involving pam_cracklib

password    requisite     /lib/security/$ISA/pam_cracklib.so retry=3

The docs for this pam module may be found in

/usr/share/doc/pam-0.77/txts/README.pam_cracklib

It also looks like there is a pam module called  pam_passwdqc with docs
located in /usr/share/doc/pam_passwdqc-0.7.5 which from a quick glance
wlll do strength checking.

Hope this helps,
Sean