[CentOS] clamav-0.85

Mon May 16 15:19:03 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 09:46, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Yes, I actually asked the clamav people to not break clamav everytime they
> release a new version. It seems so silly to expect everyone to upgrade the
> day a new version is available. Sadly they still show that very confusing
> message, and I get tons of mail from people that think they have to tell
> me that a new version is released...

For a virus scanner or other security-related items, it is silly *not*
to update the day a new version is released.  Well-written exploits are
capable of flooding the internet in a day. In clam's case it only
matters if the new code is necessary to detect some virus, though, and
they may be making the announcements on changes that only affect
efficiency.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com