[CentOS] web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/linux/smbldap problems

Thu May 19 13:41:07 UTC 2005

I am perhaps going about this the hard way of getting SAMBA all running on
my Centos 4 install...

These scripts are set up to work with Fedora Core 3 or K12LTSP 4.2

I got the install to work.  It did not seem to hard.

Then the docs tell me to install apt from Fedora project.  Well I am using
yum so I ignore that.

Next step is to run:

perl -MCPAN -e -shell

and I get the error:

Unrecognized character \xE2 at -e line 1.

And I do not know where to go from here.  I am not left at the cpan prompt
as the docs say I should be...

Anyone out there that can help?  Or does anyone know of another really neat
SAMBA/LDAP setup script?  Or do I need to switch to K12LTSP?

Barrs Law of Recursive futility
         If you're smart enough to use one of these....
                 .....you can probably manage without one!