[CentOS] segmantation fault

Sat May 21 13:53:11 UTC 2005
Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>

On 5/21/05, Adrian Coman <adi.coman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a CentOS4 I've updated kdelibs and everything that up2date has
> signaled me to, and now I get segmentation fault when running xmms
> (installed from the Centos4 dvd) and also when running gmplayer which
> is installed from DAG repository for EL4.
>
> Is anyone in my position or it's just me? Do you know why?

It's probably just you.  Is the machine a reliable one?  That is - has
it been in service, in this configuration, for a long time?  Or, was
it recently added to/modified in some way, particularly with RAM
and/or processor?

Also, when you run xmms/gmplayer does it die immediately or does it
take a little while?  Have you run anything else that his highly
memory/cpu intensive?

Have you run any sort of hardware tests?

Greg