[CentOS] PostgreSQL/SELinux Error - relation "pg_catalog.pg_user" does not exist

Tue May 24 15:45:11 UTC 2005
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Peter Farrow wrote:
> As you have pointed out it restricts the security granularity of the
> system, which in turn will lead to other "work arounds" to achieve
> better granlarity and those work arounds will ultimately lead to
> sloppiness, making Johns point very valid indeed.

Er...you are going to have to prove the sloppiness part. I, for one,
cannot believe an issue was made out of an non-issue.

Each user having their own group ADDS to the security granularity. it
does not restrict it.

What is really needed is the ability to limit access to a file on a per
user account basis (acls), not by locking down via a group permission.
John is creating an issue out of a non-issue.