[CentOS] Demonizing generic Linux issues as Fedora Core-only issues -- WAS: Hi, Bryan

Wed May 25 02:58:40 UTC 2005
Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com>

On 5/24/05, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:

> I'll say it again, why do people feel the need to demonize Red Hat here?
> I left that in the Windows world, why drag it here in the Linux space?
> It's self-defeating!

I know almost no one who demonizes RedHat, certainly not on this list.
You, OTOH, seem to want to canonize RedHat, and if anyone makes valid
complaints that certain features are missing, you consider that
bitching. I find RedHat (and by extension, of course, CentOS) to be a
fine distro but not necessarily a perfect one. There is missing
functionality, and not everyone in the Linux community would choose to
be without that functionality.

When I've found the perfect distro, you'll be the first to hear about
it. Until then I'll be running CentOS, loving most of it and hating a
few things that are missing. That's life, and there's more to life
than SLA's.

--
 Collins
       Head teachers of the world unite: you have nothing to lose but