[CentOS] CentOS and SL, togther?

Sat May 28 16:24:40 UTC 2005
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Saturday 28 May 2005 07:54, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> (1) Resources - It takes 50gb now, and at the final state probably
> closer to 100gb, to mirror CentOS.  We are averaging 16.50 TB
> transferred monthly just to do the distro, updates and supply the public
> mirrors.  We have to somewhat limit what we add to the mirrors so that
> we can mirror it effectively.  We only have so many servers and so much
> bandwidth ... and CentOS Base has priority.

On a different note, I had heard rumors that the CentOS and Scientific Linux
teams might work together.  Any substance there (being that there are things
Scientific Linux has that I like and use, but they seem to be pretty much
duplicating your effort)?  It would seem to be a good fit if the teams can
work together and pool resources (particularly, the SL team has lots of
bandwidth available).
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology