[CentOS] Re: Demonizing generic Linux issues as Fedora Core-only issues -- WAS: Hi, Bryan

Sat May 28 19:38:22 UTC 2005
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Even I've left this thread.
> I guess we're all waiting for Lee to turn Blue.  ;->
> Or is it Red (Hat)?  ;->
>
> Okay Lee, we all agree, Red Hat makes stupid decisions, adopts buggy software - especially the kernel and Red Hat is to blame for the decisions in the kernel, and also stupidly backports fixes instead of adopting newer versions with the fixes.
> And there is absolutely no need for Red Hat to do so.
>
> Happy?

I have a real problem with this thread. It seems as if, according to some,
someone can only be with or against Red Hat.

I'm sure Red Hat has made stupid decisions, has adopted buggy software and
are responsible for some of the headaches people have had. And I'm sure
even Red Hat employees (like with any other distributor) would recognize
this.

But just pointing things out does not put you on one or the other side, I
may hope.

I always have a sour taste in my mouth if you have to pick sides, because
that kills healthy rationalizing/critizing and often this has a hidden
agenda attached to it.