[CentOS] On SSH

Tue May 31 17:46:26 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 14:17 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> I don't think you can do all of that with just 1 instance of sshd.
> You can, however, have more than one instance running, and use
> iptables to redirect the connections based on the source IP address to
> the correct instance (each one with a different port and config file).
> Since sshd's footprint is very small, that should have no nasty
> side effects.

For any SSH that allows root access, I'd run it on a non-standard port
anyway.  Although it's probably ideal to keep that port under 1024 so no
arbitrary user can present a login service for root.

Bryan J. Smith                                     b.j.smith at ieee.org
It is mathematically impossible for someone who makes more than you
to be anything but richer than you.  Any tax rate that penalizes them
will also penalize you similarly (to those below you, and then below
them).  Linear algebra, let alone differential calculus or even ele-
mentary concepts of limits, is mutually exclusive with US journalism.
So forget even attempting to explain how tax cuts work.  ;->