[CentOS] Re: mplayer repository for CentOS

Fri May 20 17:30:49 UTC 2005
Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith@ieee.org> <thebs413 at earthlink.net>

From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>
> FWIW, under RH/FC I typically used Fedora Extras and Livna, grabbing DAG
> packages only when I was in a real hurry. I haven't yet tried to
> integrate either repo into CentOS 4.

I've pretty much just stuck with FE+Lorg for RHEL3Ux/CentOS3.x (EL3) and
RHEL4Ux/CentOS4.x (EL4) out of "default," because like yourself, I'm already
using them with Fedora Core (I use FC1 for EL3, FC3 for EL4).

It's just one of those things where I'm already doing configuration management
of my FC systems and integrating in packages from FE (although not MPlayer or
most of Lorg, for legal reasons in a corporate environment), so I'm just adopting
the same for my EL systems as well.  So at home, I do the same (only with
more packages from Lorg too).

But also like yourself, I have used DAG from time-to-time.

Bryan J. Smith   mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org