[CentOS] Installing Tomact as a service... update

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 03:03:34 UTC 2005

On 10/31/05, Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> I give up. This works as root, but not as "tomcat" user. There is
> something really wrong at the nexus of Tomcat 5.0.28, Hibernate 3 and
> CentOS. And I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. This app, as
> currently configured, runs fine under Websphere on Windows and under
> Tomcat on Windows.
>
> Preston

I really hate to say "I told you so" (
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-October/014099.html )
but these instructions WORK, are TESTED, and will take you about 5
minutes apart from download time. Not to mention that they should also
be compatible with the apps repository for centos once it's rolled
out. Once you're done, 'service tomcat5 start' is all that's
needed.....

--
Jim Perrin
System Administrator - UIT