[CentOS] clamav

Robin Mordasiewicz robin at bullseye.tv
Tue Nov 1 16:40:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, JC wrote:

> When I executed: /usr/bin/freshclam -l /var/log/clamav/clam-update.log
>
> I got these warnings:
>
> ClamAV update process started at Tue Nov  1 08:21:20 2005
> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately!
> WARNING: Local version: 0.83 Recommended version: 0.87
> main.cvd is up to date (version: 34, sigs: 39625, f-level: 5, builder: tkojm)
> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately!
> WARNING: Current functionality level = 4, required = 5
> daily.cvd is up to date (version: 1151, sigs: 1289, f-level: 6, builder:
> tomek)
> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately!
> WARNING: Current functionality level = 4, required = 6
>
> then added dag.repo and executed: yum update clamav clamd clamav-db
>
> and i got these:
>
> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> dag                       100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
> extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Could not find update match for clamav-db
> Could not find update match for clamd
> Could not find update match for clamav
> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

stop-top posting plz.

First of all freshclam is used for updating virus signatures. The warning
you are getting is because your clamd program is out of date.

issue this command

[ root at jcsbox /]# yum search clam

then you will see the names of the packages that you will need to use for

[ root at jcsbox /]# yum install clamxx

The rpm may be named something different but you will see it when you do
the search.