[CentOS] JRE for x86_64

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Nov 2 19:47:55 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 02.11.2005 schrieb Sam Drinkard um 20:01:

> Does anyone know if the folks at Sun have put out a jre version to work
> with the x86_64 version of CentOS?  If not, is there even any
> possibility of it occuring?

> Sam

They have it available since severals months:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp

Do I miss something with your mail and question?

I recommend to use jpackage.org to build an RPM which best conforms
CentOS/RHEL:

http://www.jpackage.org/rpm.php?id=3033

I did so myself on x86_64 already this spring.

Alexander

Serendipity 20:44:58 up 4 days, 18:45, load average: 0.87, 0.81, 0.63