[CentOS] JRE for x86_64

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Wed Nov 2 21:39:23 UTC 2005

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> Quoting Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>:
>
>> They have it available since severals months:
>>
>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
>>
>> Do I miss something with your mail and question?
>>
>> I recommend to use jpackage.org to build an RPM which best conforms
>> CentOS/RHEL:
>>
>> http://www.jpackage.org/rpm.php?id=3033
>>
>> I did so myself on x86_64 already this spring.
>

> Looking at the spec file, they specifically disable Java plugin for
> Mozilla/Firefox on x86_64.

I figured something was up, as after installing and creating the
symbolic link, when I tried to access a page that requires the
javascript, the browser vanishes entirely.. not even a momentary pause
or error message.. just quits like you'd hit the X button!

Any other way to get java support into firefox short of building the
thing which I really don't want to do ?

--
Snowman