[CentOS] JRE for x86_64

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Wed Nov 2 21:47:32 UTC 2005

Matt Hyclak wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 04:39:23PM -0500, Sam Drinkard enlightened us:
>

>>I figured something was up, as after installing and creating the
>>symbolic link, when I tried to access a page that requires the
>>javascript, the browser vanishes entirely.. not even a momentary pause
>>or error message.. just quits like you'd hit the X button!
>>
>>Any other way to get java support into firefox short of building the
>>thing which I really don't want to do ?
>>

>AFAIK there is no 64-bit plugin. The current recommended solution is to
>remove the 64-bit version of firefox, and install the 32-bit version. You'll
>have to do it by hand, because the 32-bit version isn't included in the
>x86_64 repository.
>
>Matt

Matt, that is the same conclusion I came to several months back after
going thru all the motions of installing the jre-1.5xx, but at that time
I believe I found something that said there was not 64-bit support.  I
thought after reading a page on the Sun java website, it was now
available.  Guess that was for mozilla and not firefox.

--
Snowman