[CentOS] yum recovery?

James B. Byrne

ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Fri Nov 4 22:14:14 UTC 2005

Note:  As a digest subscriber the favour of a direct reply is
requested in addition to the list.

I had a network connection interrupted while running yum update on
a remote server.  The last line displayed showed 189/3?? updated.
Subsequently I reconnected and now yum reports that there is
nothing to do:

Setting up Upgrade Process
Setting up repositories
update                    100% |=========================|  951 B
 00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
 00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B
 00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB
 00:00
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

Is there any simple way to check what the actual state of that
machine is or to force yum to reapply all outstanding updates
regardless of whether they are already installed or not?

Regards,
Jim

--
     *** e-mail is not a secure channel ***