[CentOS] NCP, nprint and ncpfs

Paul subsolar at subsolar.com
Sat Nov 5 04:47:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 13:46 -0800, JC wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I tried to use yum to search for ncpfs-2.2.1-1.i386.rpm, but it couldn't
> find it.  I googled and found this package is included with redhat,but i'm
> not sure if it's included with CentOS 4.2. Any idea where I can find and
> install it using yum?

NCP support is not in CentOS 3&4 (same is true upstream).

You could grab the ncpfs source package from FC3 and build it yourself,
but because there is no kernel support in the standard kernel it would
not do you much good.  The kernel-unsupported from CentOS Plus may have
the needed support ... I'm not sure Johnny?.

What version of Netware are you trying to connect to?   If it's 6.5 then
you might want to enable "Native File Access" support and use NFS or SMB
to access Netware volumes.

We are just planning at work on migrating to 6.5/OES and that is the
current plan for Linux workstations.  I have not had the time to test
how well this works as of yet so can't give any direct feedback.

Regards,
Paul