[CentOS] Re: fatal rpm/cpio error

James Olin Oden james.oden at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:53:55 UTC 2005

<snip>
> >    #   Usually, these are network file system mount points.
> >    #
> >    %_netsharedpath /home
> >
> > As the comment from /usr/lib/rpm/macros suggests other paths can be
> > added.  This will cause rpm to not delive files that are in these
> > directories with no error, and ass the macro name implies, this
> > feature was designed for this very purpose.
>
> This sounds like the feature I need, so I put /home and /usr/local in
> that file. But now my /home and /usr/local symbolic links, which point
> to NFS-mounted /misc/home and /opt/local, are removed when I convert
> an RHEL 3 system into CentOS. The conversion involves the upgrade of
> the "filesystem" package which has CentOS specific version.  I traced
> this problem down to it. I don't know if that's an intended behavior
> or just a bug. Why would rpm remove paths I just told it to leave
> alone?

Sounds like you found a bug.  Right a bugzilla report, on Monday I can
talk to Jeff about it, but if you right the report now you will
probably get some attention from Jeff Johnson or  Paul Nasrat before
the weekend is over.  Also, should be able to locate Jeff and Paul at
irc.freenode.net on #rpm.    Jeff is doing activer work on the latest
release of RPM so if he thinks its a bug you might get a fix in it
very soon.

Cheers...james