[CentOS] Sendmail

Sun Nov 6 18:35:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 10:42 -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
> On 11/6/05, Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net> wrote:
>

> >  I still stand by my thinking that there should be some mention of how to
> > enable sendmail to accept network connections in the docs without swimming
> > thru all the various pages of setup and sysadmin, but that is strictly *my*
> > opinion.  I know better now :-)
> >

> I have to agree with you. Merely stating that default Sendmail doesn't
> work outside localhost without indicating the simple steps to cure
> that is only half a solution.

It does say how to fix it...

"To configure Sendmail as a server for other clients, edit
the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc file, and either change the address specified
in the Addr= option of the DAEMON_OPTIONS directive from 127.0.0.1 to
the IP address of an active network device or comment out the
DAEMON_OPTIONS directive all together by placing dnl at the beginning of
the line. When finished, regenerate /etc/mail/sendmail.cf by executing
the following command:

m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf "