[CentOS] Rescan harddisk size without rebooting

kadafax

kadafax at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:52:47 UTC 2005

Hi list,
I have a SAN attached to a CentOS 4.2 server. I have expanded the size
of the virtual disk within the SAN (by adding a new HD to the disk pool)
and need CentOS to see the new size (CentOS see it as /dev/sdb). I'm
using LVM. Do you  know a method for the Volume Group to see that one of
its harddisk is now bigger, without rebooting (it's not a problem with a
reboot but since the LDAP directory is on this server, it is problematic).
Thanks.
kfx