[CentOS] CentOS 4.2 with LSI MRSATA300-8X?

Harald Finnås

spamcatcher at lantrix.no
Wed Nov 9 12:00:30 UTC 2005

Just wondering if anyone is using CentOS 4.2 with a LSI MRSATA300-8X
controller? I just got a new SuperMicro server with this controller, and
the install works just fine, but it panics when booting after install. For
all I know (yet), it might be a problem with the server itself, but I
suspect it's the LSI controller that's the problem. I've just started
looking into it, so I haven't copied the panic log yet.

I'm currently trying to install 4.1 hoping that'll work...

Regards,
Harald