[CentOS] CUPS support for Canon i255 Inkjet Printer?

Olaf Greve o.greve at axis.nl
Mon Nov 14 09:29:12 UTC 2005

Hi Sanjay,

> I tried installing a remote WINXP SMB shared Canon i255 Inkjet printer
> on the CUPS printer queue, but could not find the model number in the
> supported printers list.
>
> How do I print on this printer?

I'm facing similar issues, as our networked Xante printers aren't listed
either. My solution was to simply use the "Generic Postscript" driver,
and that works fine for me. I recommend you to try this as well, unless
Canon provides proper Linux drivers which can be installed (dunno how to
add 'em to CUPS, as I've not yet have to do so).
If your printer is a very new model, perhaps in a future update of CUPS
it will be featured, so I'd keep checking the printer drivers after CUPS
updates...

Cheers!
Olafo