[CentOS] Re: selinux stuff - I just don't get

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Nov 15 06:05:46 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-14-11 at 18:49 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> The apparent lack of people bitching about this on nahant list or centos
> list makes me think that a large amount of RHEL 4 (or clone) users have
> simply turned SELinux off. I guess that puzzles me as much as anything.

I have first hand experience with this.  I did some sub-contract work
for a client.  Their client was having a horrible time with a custom app
and SElinux, and was overall very unhappy with RHEL 4.  So, here's what
they did: they blew away the server and installed RH9.

*smacks forehead*

Many other clients of my own customer have simply disabled SElinux.  It
is definitely being turned off left, right and centre.

Regards,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu