[CentOS] CentOS 3.5 - CentOS 4.0 - DL145 G2 Boot problem

Unni Krishnan

ukris at freeshell.org
Tue Nov 15 06:17:10 UTC 2005

Hi ,

I am facing a strange problem .I am unable to install CentOS 4.0 on my HP
DL145 G2 Server .I am getting the following error

RAMDISK: couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
Please append correct "root=" boot option
VFS: cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block (3,3)
Kernal panic - not syncing VFS unable to mount root fs

however CentOS 3.5 installs properly .Can anyone let me why this is
happening ?

--
Unnikrishnan.P