[CentOS] Java support : is there a native package ?

Black Hand yonsy at blackhandchronicles.homeip.net
Tue Nov 15 14:47:38 UTC 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 23:56, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> In short, unless Sun grants special license to CentOS project, they
> can't distribute Java as part of distribution.  Interestingly, Red Hat
> is distributing IBM's Java packages...

why not at least java-sun-compat package, that symlink in the install, like
the java-gcj-compat actually do?

jpackage support java-sun-compat for 1.4 and 1.5 (although i can't install
both one cleanly now)

when i download the sun rpm, whe download a .bin executable, that when is
executed, put a text for agrement and after this put an rpm in your system to
install.

we can install sun rpm, and after this a java-sun-compat wrapper that work
with alternatives. just like jpackage.

--
Black Hand
Amiga Addicts