[CentOS] Beware - Yum 3.5 to 3.6 upgrade replaces named.conf

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Nov 15 23:21:35 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 16:59 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 15:47 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> > probably a bugzilla entry to upstream provider to maybe create an
> > 'artificial' conflict between the 2 packages so that you can't install
> > both accidentally.
> >

> caching-nameserver is just the config files ... it requires bind to be
> installed too
----
given the fact that the result of an update breaks working
configurations and avoiding that situation is one of the targets of the
upstream provider, the upstream provider probably should invest a little
bit of time/energy to ensure that this is unlikely to occur.

Given there are idiot admins like me who rarely miss an opportunity to
step on their d*cks...(I think I only got caught on this once but never
knew until now, why that was the case).

Craig

believed to be clean.