[CentOS] SELinux threads, cynicism, one-upmanship, etc.

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Thu Nov 17 18:21:06 UTC 2005

Brian: DON'T focus blame on "consultancy".

The management style you lambaste is prevalent
to the point of being pandemic.  The problem is NOT lack of
accountability, it is rather one of "to whom are we accountable?"

My products are NOT reviewed by geeks, theorists, and
techno-pedants.  My products are accountable to testers
who are accountable to marketing who are accountable
to stock holders and well-drillers and factory owners.

They want a profit product, not a perfect product.

"Good, fast, cheap; pick two" says it well.

--the *other* pedantic Brian--

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org> wrote:
> running a consultancy business where time is money, tunring
> it off and configuring as we always did before represents

Consulting is why the IT infrastructure and security of this
country has gone to crap.  There is no accountability.  There
is only the pressure to complete things in unrealistic
timeframes.

Sound security policy has been put out-the-window by
consulting, support non-sense, etc...  You have to "tear it
down" so you can "dumb it down" for people.  And it happens
in the most crucial of our nation's networks.

Why?  Consultants aren't accountable in most cases.  And
that's typically because the clients want it done now.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

www.hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated