[CentOS] yum update - Glibc Problem

Giovanni P. Tirloni gpt at tirloni.org
Thu Nov 17 19:24:08 UTC 2005

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Lee,
>
> You will want to just upgrade the glibc to i386 (it is really i486, but
> that is another story).
>
> All the other items that are i586 are OK, and should remain so.  And you
> want to keep them.
>
> If the glibc wasn't really i486 (which is a little more stable than i586
> and as fast) then we would have modified the code to build the i586.

  I've showed my problem before (yum crashed and packages are
duplicated) but now I see that the same thing happened here:

  $ rpm -qa --qf "%{name}-%{arch}\n" | grep glibc | sort | uniq -c
       2 glibc-common-x86_64
       2 glibc-i686
       2 glibc-x86_64

  The bad news it that's a live system but it's working fine for now. I
didn't have time to try to fix that yet. It's an Athlon64 processor and
I've exactarch=1.

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni
http://blog.tirloni.org