[CentOS] Minimal installation How-to?

Fri Nov 18 11:03:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 16:10 +0530, Sanjay Arora wrote:
> What about a PIII 550 Pentium...is it 586 or 686...sorry...dont know
> that ;-) Would the minimum CD support that?

Pentium Classic and Pentium MMX are i586 ... Pentium Pro, PII, PIII, P4,
celeron, Pentium M are all i686.

yes the CD would support it

> Also, Karan said something about it installing server components...I
> have a query here...What server components? suppose I want to install
> only the base OS, selinux & INN...would I get more than what I
> want?...do I need to do anything specific with anaconda?

If you select the "Minimum" install (on the package page), you will get
what we have defined as [Core] and [Base] in this file on the CD:

/CentOS/base/comps.xml

That file is mostly exactly like the RH one, except it has a couple
things (like yum and createrepo) that RH doesn't have.