[CentOS] [OT][Practices] The Case for RBAC/MAC

Brian T. Brunner

brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Fri Nov 18 13:43:23 UTC 2005

1: e-mail is a people skill, you affect people with it.  The value
    of your presentation rises or falls with your skill at presentation.
2: My embedded headless linux targets live in isolated
    networks, even relative to other computer or
    network equipment at the target site.  At times, the nearest
    land is 2 miles straight down (ocean floor).
3: These targets are also without anything resembling
    a linux-aware operator and (ipso facto) must generate
    NO mail and self-limiting logs of a "usually ignored' type.

from the above, SELinux offers me *nothing* I need and costs me
something for which there is no reward.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com> wrote:
> SELinux shouldn't be turned on by default and in many cases
> simply creates extra overhead/bloat on a system that
doesn't
> really need it.

Okay, I give.  I would like people to quantity/quality
"doesn't really need it."  I've really "bit my lip" on this
since just after the early stuff, but it keeps coming up over
and over.

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

www.hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated