[CentOS] pine rpm for centos 4 -- wasn't included in RHEL 3 either

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 00:29:41 UTC 2005

Doug Ferrell <aprstlh at earthlink.net> wrote:
> No Pine installed by default! I'm definitely going to have
> to do the "below" since that is my MAIN MAN! I had heard
> there were some problems with the distros and pine but I'm
> running old stuff before 4.x

No Pine has been "included by default" for a _long_time_!
And last time I checked, Pine wasn't included in RHEL 3

You have to go back to RHEL 2.1AS -- RE:

A license change pushed this issue, and it is well known.

-- Bryan

P.S.  Now if you just want an editor like "pico" (which is
part of the "pine" package), consider it's free[dom]
replacement, "nano".