[CentOS] x windows dell inspiron 1200 setting for 1366x768

Plant, Dean dean.plant at roke.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 09:10:18 UTC 2005

Jerry Geis wrote:
>> I had a similar problem trying to set 1400x1050 on a Siemens Fujitsu
>> Laptop. The fix for me, was to use 915 resolution from
>> http://www.geocities.com/stomljen/ as it seems the Intel video bios
>> has a limited set of resolution modes
>
>> Hope this helps
>
>> Dean
>
> Dean,
>
> THanks I have 1 question. on centso 4.2 X starts real early...
> Where do you run the 915resolution command? I put it in
> rc.local and it did not seem to work.
>
> THanks,
>
> Jerry

That's where I put it and it worked fine.

I tested first by booting to run level 3 running "915resolution 4b 1400
1050" and then started X. This worked so I just added the same command
to rc.local. The desktop now boots by default to 1400x1050 in run level
5.

My tests were on Siemens Fujitsu Laptop E8020D with Centos 3.6 and I had
to replace XFree86 with the latest development version before using
915resolution as I could not get X to display anything other than a
black screen, even with the vesa driver.

Dean.