[CentOS] dual head on laptop

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 01:57:59 UTC 2005

On 11/23/05, Peter van Eck <peter at vaneckonline.net> wrote:

> Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 08:48:51PM -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
> >
> >> I, too, would love to know. I have an hp ze4630us laptop that is
> >> less than useful due to this very problem. The laptop is dual
> >> boot witn WinXP and CentOS4. When I connect the external port to
> >> a projector and boot CentOS4, the image displays fine, but as
> >> soon as X starts the projector loses sync. With WinXP running,
> >> the projector works just fine.
> >

> > I have had no problems whatsoever with my Toshiba Tecra A2, when
> > using a projetor. X works just fine.
> >
> > Never had a problem either with an old Compaq Presario notebook I
> > used to have around until a couple months ago.
> >
> > Then again, I never got past 1024x768 with either of those.
> >
> > []s
> >

> My experience is that when I plug in the projector  while X is already
> running it loses sync..basically a black screen...
>
> But when I start X while connected to the projector it displays fine
> (1024x768)..
> This is a HP pavilion ze4900 (with i810 video card)...

I tried that as well (using the recommended resolution for the
projector) with the laptop p0lugged in before booting. As soon as X
starts, sync drops. It's been a while back, so I'll have to try it
again with more recent software updates.

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write